I have been a Parishioner at QHR since 1983.
This year will be my 11th year being a Catechist in our wonderful SOR program.
Sixth Grade will be using the Alive in Christ textbook by Our Sunday Visitor.
Grade Level Expectations
These prayers help provide us with a glimpse into the foundations of our Faith and a base from which our children can learn how to live their Faith.
In our religious education classes, we begin and end with a prayer. We ask that Parents help teach these prayers and lists to your children. Praying regularly at home will help them to master the required prayers for use in their lifetime. The Archdiocese offers guidelines of prayers to be learned at each grade level.
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
6. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
8. Blessed are those who are persecuted for the righteousness sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
9. Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all of kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in Heaven.
Parts of the Mass
- The Entrance
- Sign of the Cross and Greeting
- The Penitential Act
- The Collect
The Liturgy of the Word
- The First Reading
- The Responsorial Psalm
- The Second Reading
- The Gospel
- The Homily
- The Profession of Faith
- The Nicene Creed
- The Prayers of the Faithful
The Liturgy of the Eucharist
- The Preparation of the altar and Gifts
- The Prayer over the Offerings
- The Eucharistic Prayer
The Communion Rite
- Sign of Peace
- Breaking of Bread
- the Prayer after Communion
The Concluding Rites
- The Blessing
- Dismissal of the People
Holy Days of Obligation in the United States
· December 8, The Immaculate Conception
· December 25, Christmas
· January 1, Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
· 40 days after Easter, Ascension Thursday
· August 15, The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
· November 1, All Saints Day