I previously taught 4th and 8th grade SOR.
I have been married 24 years and have 3 daughters, 2 in college and the youngest in 8th grade.
What I like most about being Catholic is there is a written rule for everything and a saint to inspire you to face any obstacle in life.
Seventh Grade will be using the Alive in Christ textbook by Our Sunday Visitor and Decision Point video series by Dynamic Catholic.
Grade level Expectations
These prayers help provide us with a glimpse into the foundations of our Faith and a base from which our children can learn how to live their Faith.
In our religious education classes, we begin and end with a prayer. We ask that Parents help teach these prayers and lists to your children. Praying regularly at home will help them to master the required prayers for use in their lifetime. The Archdiocese offers guidelines of prayers to be learned at each grade level.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
· Wisdom: helps us to see the world as God sees it, to set our heart on Heaven and order our lives according to God’s will.
· Understanding: gives insight into the mysteries of faith and helps us explain the Faith to others.
· Knowledge: helps us see everything in life in relation to God and eternity; to know Him, the world he created, and His plan for humankind.
· Counsel (Right Judgment): helps us to make the correct decision about God’s will for our lives.
· Piety (Reverence): assists us in being more prayerful, everent, and holy, loving God as our Father.
· Fortitude (Courage): givs us the strength to be faithful to Christ even when it is difficult to do so.
· Fear of the Lord (Wonder and Awe): shows the evil of sin and helps us to desire to live in God’s grace; also, called “wonder and awe” as it reminds us that God is great and all-powerful.
Fruits of the Holy Spirit
Charity, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Generosity, Gentleness, Faithfulness,
Modesty, Self-Control and Chastity
Three Theological Virtues
Faith, Hope and Charity (love)
Four Cardinal Virtues
Prudence, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance